Avila in Action is a St. Teresa’s program in which we donate 6% of our total collections to groups who are following Christ’s mission and working to change the world for the better. In choosing recipients for an Avila in Action grant, the Committee will consider the following guidelines:
- The beneficiary must be nominated by a registered St. Teresa parishioner.
- The creativity and innovativeness of the group’s efforts to change the world for the better.
- The beneficiary must have an established project/initiative/program that aims to change the world for the better. The activity being supported with the Avila in Action grant must be consistent with Catholic teachings.
- The size, budget, and documented history of the group. While not required, preference will be given to 501(c)(3) registered organizations.
- Avila in Action grants are available to both well-established groups, as well as new recipient groups that are ready, willing and able to serve others in an impactful and innovative manner.
- Each Avila in Action grant will be given in a sufficient amount to make a meaningful difference or significant contribution to the project/initiative/program.
- Preference will be giving to beneficiaries who would welcome parishioner volunteers in its mission.
- Preference will be given to first-time applicants. However, previous award winners may apply again for continued funding.
- Avila in Action grant recipients will be held accountable. Groups receiving an Avila in Action grant need to be willing and able to articulate a specific need for the funds and provide a report on how past funding was used to meet that need.