The Saint Teresa of Avila Parish is a diverse Catholic community of faith that embraces everyone, without exception. We see ourselves as uniquely able to engage in dialogue with people of all faiths and act as peacemakers in our city. Challenged by the Gospel, nourished by the Eucharist and inspired by the teachings of Saint Teresa of Avila, we are called to be witnesses of Christ’s Love, for the salvation of all people.
As parishioners of St. Teresa, we live our faith in the following ways:
- We are a dynamic, active community in the heart of Lincoln Park
- Our welcoming spirit is inclusive of all people, inspiring all communities with God’s love
- We offer everyone an opportunity to build a deep relationship with Christ through our Liturgies and Ministries
- We serve as peacemakers to the world, evangelizing Christ’s love to all people regardless of religious beliefs
- We are a voice for the poor. We help them attain the means to achieve dignity in the community