The following guidelines pertain to anyone looking for a copy of sacramental records from St. Teresa of Avila.
- If you are looking for First Holy Communion, Confirmation, or Marriage records, please first consult your church of Baptism, as they are responsible for collecting all of your records. If they advise you that they do not have the record, please contact Charisse Gioia at our Parish Office at (773) 528-6650, ext. 230.
- All record requests should include the following:
- Name (include maiden)
- Date of Birth
- Name of Parents
- Approximate Date of Sacrament
- Address of Church where official document can be sent
- Contact phone/email
All records needing the official seal should be sent directly to the Church of the member seeking the record. Unofficial records may be obtained and sent to personal addresses.
- Please note that records require two weeks processing time.
- We are happy to assist with genealogical requests as time permits. Photocopies are available on records that predate the year 1915. All other requests will be answered by letter.
Letters of Good Standing and Other Requests
If you require a letter of good standing or other requests such as a confirmation service hour letter, permission to be a Godparent or Sponsor, please note that these requests take up to two weeks to process. Letters will be written/signed and sent out to the address requested. Please contact the Parish Office with any requests.